- Roger graduated with a degree in Forestry from the Australian
National University (ANU) Canberra, in 1970.
- From 1970 -1978 he was employed by ACT Forests/ ACT Bush Fire Council,
becoming Chief Fire Control Officer.
- During 1979 -1981 Roger was employed by Chemonics Industries in the USA,
to assist and advise on the use of fire retardants by ground and aerial
- Upon return to Australia, from 1982 -1984 Roger was employed by CSIRO
Fire Research section as part of the Project Aquarius team,
investigating aircraft use, high-intensity fire behaviour, and
- From 1985 -1987 he became Chief Fire Control Officer, ACT Bush Fire
- From 1988 -to Present: Has operated as an independent consultant.